With various enhancements to the metal detector field, it’s almost nearly impossible to choose one just based on a hunch. If you’re looking to expand your treasure hunting with upgraded gear, we suggest you read our review of the best all round metal detectors.
Best All Around Metal Detector Reviews
We will be presenting you with a comprehensive review of three of the top metal detectors of 2019. Plus, you’ll get a better understanding of which ones would fit your needs.
1. ToolGuards Metal Detector
Here’s a quick rundown of the ToolGuards Metal Detector’s features:
- Detachable shovel: The ToolGuards comes with a detachable shovel which makes digging hassle-free. Don’t stress about carrying extra gear, as you’ll be able to carry all necessary equipment right on the metal detector.
- Waterproof carrying bag: When you purchase the device, you will also receive a waterproof carrying bag. It features comfortable strapping which easily fits the whole detector and shovel. This makes carrying your equipment easier and keeps everything safe from damage.
- Three pre-installed modes: Three different operating modes are available, which includes all, target, and disc. The All Metal mode helps you find any objects without restricting them to one type of metal. On the other hand, the Target mode enables you to find the exact location of an object, while the DISC can help regulate your metal search and find specific types of metals.
- Easy to use: With a simplistic design and pre-set modes, this tool is easier for beginners to use and also makes it children-friendly.
- Water-resistant search coil: The water-resistant search coil is beneficial for those searching for objects near lakes, beaches, or in wet environments. The device can be submerged up to 10 inches, which enables you to find treasure underwater.
- Comfortable armrest: The armrest lets you use the device comfortably. The main section of the armrest is ergonomically designed, perfect for extended hunting sessions.
- Headphone connector: It comes with a headphone connector which can easily be accessed through the control box.
- Adjustable height: What makes this an excellent pick for children and adults is that you can adjust the height. There are multiple settings which enable you to switch to a taller or shorter version based on your needs.
- Compact design: Lastly, the device weighs under 6.25 pounds. Besides this, the metal detector is compact, thin, and can easily be carried if needed.
- Lightweight and compact
- Multiple search modes
- Adjustable height
- Comfortable to use
- Only basic search features
2. INTEY Metal Detector
Here’s an overview of the features of INTEY Metal Detector:
- High precision: The detector includes a button which can provide you with enhanced pinpointing accuracy. If you want to find the location of your target, this could come in handy. The device will emit a distinctive sound when the search coil is directly on top of the object.
- Two modes: This tool can be useful for instant screening of an object. The All Metal mode discriminates against anything made of any metal, but you may be picking up small particles. On the other hand, the Disc mode can help detect what type of metal the tool is picking up.
- Waterproof coating: Used to block out any extra water, the coils have been treated with a waterproof coating. This enables you to use it in rainy weather and also partially submerge it; although we don’t recommend doing it more than a few inches into the water.
- Adjustable rod: The rod on the metal detector can be adjusted lengthwise. This enables both children and adults to use the device, as it won’t be too big.
- Helmet socket: If you’re hard of hearing or have trouble with the speakers, alternatively you can use the headphone jack. The device works with any headphones and can help prevent you from disturbing those around you.
- Adjustable volume: Adjust the volume of the speakers or your headphones if you need to. When the device is low on batteries, it will also give you an audio signal to remind you to replace the batteries.
- User-friendly: With a simple design and basic features, this device is perfect for both beginners and experts. Plus, the armrest arc design, adjustable length, and premium ABS material make it lightweight and easy to carry.
- Multiple modes
3. Foragergo Metal Detector
Here’s what the Foragergo Metal Detector has to offer:
- Easy to use: Using the Foragergo is easy as all you will need to know is how to adjust the discrimination. From here, you can quickly find the types of metals you’re looking for. Plus, the device helps eliminate unwanted objects, making treasure hunting fun.
- Discrimination and pinpointer: While a beginner may get lost trying to adjust the discrimination and pinpointer, it can help find specific metals and the exact location of an object. The device comes with an ultimate beginner’s guidebook, which is over 72 pages. Reading this can help you understand how to adjust the settings properly.
- High sensitivity: The tool enables you to search for objects at least six inches in depth. You may adjust the settings to detect more or less. However, you will lose out on specific settings such as discrimination and battery life.
- Waterproof: The coils are waterproof, which enables you to use the device in a multitude of different environments. Submerge in water; use it at the beach or even for searching in lakes.
- Low battery indicator: As for the low battery indicator, it helps notify you when the device is about to die. It will give you an audio reminder and be displayed on the screen. Take out the batteries and replace them with new ones, that way you don’t have to stop mid treasure hunting.
- Package contents: When you purchase the Foragergo, you will receive the metal detector, a multi-functional folding shovel, and a beginner’s guidebook. These three items already will have you excited to learn more and provide you with all the necessary tools to start digging.
- Multiple modes
- Sturdy design
- Beginner’s kit
- Easy to use
- Comes disassembled
- Mediocre durability
As you can see, there are plenty of metal detectors out there that are both easy to use and work for both professionals and beginners. If we had to choose just one, we’d have to say the best all round metal detector would have to be the INTEY Metal Detector.
It’s designed to discriminate against specific metals, but you can also adjust the settings to your liking. Besides that, it features a durable build, is beginner-friendly, and includes a waterproof coating.